Sunday, January 23, 2011

Lessons learned and....

I have learned

 that allowing your child

to watch television


OR

play video games for a little while,


while you rest on the couch


WILL NOT

cause lightening to strike


OR

children services to show up at your

doorstep.

:)


~~~~

OK, so listen up, I don't actually take 
any credit for those words up-top.
Although I completely agree with them :) 
and have many a times laid down on the couch while 
the kids were here in the living room with me, either
watching TV, playing legos, etc.
They all know that Mommy is right there on the
couch and that if they need anything, I am just
resting, all they have to do is ask. 
They are not allowed to answer the door or
the phone no matter what!!!
But they have no problem with that, because 
the younger one's can't answer the door
even when I'm not resting !!!!
So when I am hurting and exhausted and 
I need a rest, I take it!!
And I don't feel guilty in the slightest :)
The credit actually goes to a wonderful new blog
that I happened to come across...
Oh, don't you just love it when that happens???
So anyways, the blog is called
Rest Ministries 
 
The actual article that I 
got this lesson from can be found here.



I definitely think you should check it out!!
There is more than a wealth of information there.
You can even sign up for a daily devotional
to be sent directly to you email each day if you like.


If you are interested in the daily devotionals
or want more information about them,


OK, I'm off for now.
Hope you all are feeling well as can be!!
I'd love to hear some of your stories or ailments 
if you care to share!!

~Steph

3 comments:

  1. great post and i agree with the bring words we can rest while our children play

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this. It is hard not to feel guilty, but with conditions such as Chronic Fatigue and Fibro, you just have to rest. You do. Or you can't function at all. (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. While I don't have any kids, I can speak as a former child that watching tv, etc. did not make me a crazy person. Wait, I AM a crazy person, but not because of tv. You do what you need to do when you need to do it. Those "experts" are only right in their own mind.

    ReplyDelete