Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Want to know what I've found????

I've been doing a whole lot of research....
And these are just a few of the things I've found.

I most definately wanted to share them with all of you today!!
They touched my heart in a special way,
and I hope they will do the same for you...
or even inspire you to do some research on your own....
(If you do, please share it with me here!! Thanks!!)


As I've said before...
KNOWLEDGE IS POWER


and
YOU CAN NEVER KNOW TOO MUCH.
SO JUST KEEP RIGHT ON A LEARNING :)


OK, enough of that!!!
Here is what I want to share with you today!!

First off, I'm reading:

and today I'm going to share just 3 ways to change your world
that come from the 'healthy interest' section!




First: #53 Let Your Mouse Save A Child!!




"Save young lives and help children stay healthy with a click of a button that generates a sponsor's
donation. It's COMPLETELY FREE TO YOU at thechildhealthsite.com, where you'll find
daily, monthly, and annual statistics on how many children and which health issues are receiving aid." 
Oh, and while you're there (yes, I'm hoping you will visit this site!!)
I hope that you will also click on each of the other tabs and then click so that a sponsor
will also donate for each of those wonderful causes as well.
And the best part about this is that....you can click on each of these EVERY DAY!!!




Second: #59 Watch Your Wording!!




"Learn to speak with sensitivity about Cancer." Cilda's Club (gildasclub.org), a support
center formed in honor of the later Gilda Radner, advises referring to "people living with cancer," rather than "cancer victims' or "cancer patients." It also recommends "encouraging people who live with cancer
to express their full range of feelings, rather than insisting on 'staying positive'."




and...
Third: Connect Kids With Support


"Introduce a child with diabetes or other health challenges to empowering library or online resources.
 For example, the National Diabetes Association's Youth Zone provides engaging ways to take charge at diabetes.org/wizdom. For fun general health activities, try kidshealth.org or kidnetic.com."



















So, what do you think??
Do you think you will use any of these that I have mentioned??
I hope so!!


Also, you should think about getting or at least reading a copy of
this wonderful book :)




Have a great day!




I hope each and every one of you are happy and healthy today!!






I hope that you are feeling as pain-free as possible!!


~Steph

2 comments:

  1. what a wondderful post and thank you for all the great info

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terrific post- I am certainly interested in checking out that book!

    BTW- I have tagged you in my latest post- enjoy!
    http://the-road-2011.blogspot.com/2011/01/19-in-9ish-hour.html

    ReplyDelete